Ordinances & ResolutionsResolutions and Ordinances CY 2012 (552)
Resolutions and Ordinances CY 2011 (797)
Resolutions and Ordinances CY 2010 (736)
Resolutions and Ordinances CY 2009 (608)
Resolutions and Ordinances CY 2008 (566)
Resolutions and Ordinances CY 2007 (468)
Journal of OrdinancesJournal of Ordinances 2008-2012 (478)
Journal of Ordinances 2006-2007 (368)
Journal of Ordinances 2004-2005 (344)
Journal of Ordinances 2000-2003 (350)
Journal of Ordinances 1996-1999 (341)
Journal of Ordinances 1991-1995 (346)
Journal of Ordinances 1984-1990 (151)
Latest Info & Articles...
- CGB Sirib Mannalon Scholarship Program
- CGB Conducts Training of Barangay Implementers on the Promotion of Good Nutrition
- Rampang Ganda: Kinni-Kinni for Women’s Rights Year 2
- Mrs. Red Cross Valentine 2013 comes from the City Government of Batac
- CGB Hosts Valentine’s Day Celebration
- Office of the City Vice Mayor - Accomplishment Report 2012
|Batac's pride: Glory's empanada|
Empanada Festival The Grand Finale!
Think of it as the best treat for anyone as hungry as a wolf and for anyone as meek as kitten. Batac empanada caters to the taste of everyone.
Although popular fast-food chains were introduced recently, more people opt to settle for empanada. Aside from being more affordable, it also offers one square meal.
At 5 pm, office workers, students, teachers, nurses, doctors and others meet near the Imelda Cultural Center to buy empanada. For them, eating empanada before going home has become a habit.
â€œNaramanak met ti empanada ti Vigan ngem awan latta ti maka-atiw ti kinaimas ti empanada ti Batac, aglalo nu diay luto ti Gloryâ€™s Empanada,â€ (Iâ€™ve tasted Vigan empanada but nothing can surpass the taste of Batac empanada, especially since it is Gloryâ€™s Empanada), said Rey John Villanueva, a student.
Empanada is the converted Mexican tacos of Ilocanos. It is a half-moon orange snack made of rice flour stuffed with grated green papaya (washed-out and squeezed with salt to extract bitter taste), parboiled mongo, ground pepper, salt, garlic and monosodium glutamate (MSG).
Empanada stalls are situated at the side of the Imelda Cultural Center of Batac. The first and best-selling empanada is the Gloryâ€™s empanada owned by Glory Cocson, 60 years old. She started cooking in a small scale in 1960s.
Just like the other empanada businesses, Gloryâ€™s empanadahan offers a variety of empanada in an affordable prices, such as special empanada, ordinary, jumbo, double special, special egg less, ordinary egg less, special without mongo, double egg, and double-double.
One of her cooks said that their minimum income is P10,000 daily. Gradually, as Concos business progressed, her daughter put up another empanada stall named Glomyâ€™s.
Empanada is easily prepared:
Office of the Mayor
Brgy. #1-S Valdez
City of Batac
2906 Ilocos Norte
Tel. No.: (077) 792-3135
Telefax No.: (077) 792-3441
Bids Notice of Awards
- NOA_870 Bags Cement for Road Concreting Projects_03192013
- NOA_Concreting of Billoca Rd_02202013
- NOA_Concreting of Payao-Sumader Rd_02202013
- NOA. road concreting at Brgy. Lacub
- NOA.laboratory supplies for 4th qtr
- NOA - Construction of Perimeter Fence-Phase 1 of the City Cemetery
- NOA.road concreting at Brgy. Mabaleng_10-13-12
- NA_various materials for road concreting projects_11122012
Bombo Ilokano News
StatisticsOS : Linux r
PHP : 5.3.24
MySQL : 5.1.69-cll
Time : 05:24
Caching : Disabled
GZIP : Enabled
Members : 2
Content : 199
Content View Hits : 945714